Sunday, January 20, 2008

Frozen nosies and toesies


Do you know what it's like to be cold? REALLY cold? I mean, REALLY REALLY cold??? Your skin gets sucked dry and then it starts to get a burning sensation as it freezes. It's HORRIBLE.

The dogs don't even want to go out. Athena came in the house crying last night b/c she had snow packed in her paws and it must have felt like little needles jabbing into her skin. Poor thing. Buster started limping b/c he didn't want to put his paws down and Louise tried her best to tiptoe across the snow. All of them run in the house and try to get their noses warm by shoving them into blankets and dog beds.

Don't get me wrong...we all like the winter and snow, but this is different. 10 degrees is not comfortable by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't know how people live in this type of weather most of the winter. Definition of insanity if you ask me.

I just hope I can keep it together until the temperatures rise (about a week from now) to above freezing. Any more of this, and I'll go insane. Landlocked is one thing, landlocked and forced to be a hermit in your house a different thing entirely. Talk about winter blahs!!! We'd be really happy if someone could send some hot sunshine our way...to defrost our noses and toes.

No comments: