Saturday, March 15, 2008

Really? It's Race Time Again?



It's started again. Mark's Mountain Bike season has started...sort of. The weather here isn't really cooperating. It seems we just can't 'spring' out of winter. First race, postponed, second race - well, that's a whole story in and of itself - and third race, postponed.

Driving out to the race last weekend, I told Mark that "I wasn't mentally prepared for race season". He said he wasn't really either. Apparently not many people were...including the race promoters. There was a start delay and other bumps that had them off to a rocky start. It was still a nice day to be outdoors...weather was actually pretty nice so I was happy for the excuse to just sit in the fresh air.

I think everyone is soooooo sick of winter that we're all just sort of stuck in winter blahs mode. I'm so sick of it, I might (stress on the 'might') just welcome my foe, the cicada! For those of you that know me well, you know that's pretty drastic..and a little melodramatic!

Anyway...ready or not, racing is back...I'm just wishing Spring was back too.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Aidan and I will be joining you when the weather gets a little nicer and the races are a little closer to home!! Can't wait to see you guys...it's been a long winter.