Monday, January 07, 2008

Riding Into A New Year...



This last weekend was the last race of the 2007 season. It was fun and it was real, and maybe a little real fun. I still think that riding your bike in winter weather is a crazy thing to do, but it is fun to watch.

Now that it's over, I will miss seeing the same ol' cycling diehards and the energy of Roger's pumping music...what I won't miss is bundling up, standing outside in subzero temps and sloshing through mud and snow.

As Mark hangs up his cyclocross bikes on a really good season (he placed second overall and I'm really proud of his accomplishments), I get to 'hang up' the wool socks, long johns, turtle necks, mud/snow boots, gloves and cowbells (I still think I should get some kind of award for doing a stellar job of cheering him on while risking frostbite - it should be noted that risking frostbite is totally opposite my CA girl DNA). ;-)

I'm looking forward to having our weekends free and flexible for awhile. We can take a few months off from the bike scene and hopefully we'll find time on the weekends to relax, slow down and explore a little. At least we don't have to 'race' into the new year...and that's a nice feeling.

No comments: